Monday, May 18, 2009

Night Two-Hundred and Thirty-Seven

ça arrive

Ça arrive
Arriver is a such a useful French verb. You can arrive at an accomplishment or comprehension of how to do something, people and things arrive, of course, when they come toward you from away, and the expression "ça arrive" means something a little like "shit happens", which we say too, but the French (having invented the idea) say it better.

Arriver is the perfect verb for my life right now. J'arrive, ils arriveront, et, oui, ça arrive.

4 comments:

Cathi said...

nous arrivons, vrai?

holly arsenault said...

If you were here today (which would be great, could you see about that?) yes. But as you are coming next week, it'd be arriverons.

Cathi said...

I thought I had misspelled it, but couldn't figure out which letter I had left out!

Katie said...

I'm so jealous of your command of French!